For starters, every Bolt driver in Nigeria must meet a minimum age requirement and possess some valid documents.
No schedule, no boss, good pay. Are you in it to earn extra money besides your 9-5 or make money driving just a few hours on a weekly basis? Or maybe you want to become a full-time Bolt driver earning approximately N120,000 a week? Read this to know all you need to hit the streets in only a few days.
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Attend driver training for service quality and use of the Bolt driver application
- A smartphone with GPS
- A clean criminal record
- Additional documents for Lagos: LASDRI Card, Driver Badge and LASRRA Card
- A vehicle: manufactured in 2003 onwards, 4 doors, fully functional AC
- Vehicle license
- Insurance certificate
- Proof of ownership
- Certificate of road-worthiness
- Auto Genius vehicle inspection report
- Additional documents for Lagos: State Hackney Permit and a vehicle body tag for all routes
If these are covered, then all it takes to join is signing up. After registering your details (which you can do in under 5 minutes), you will receive an email with all the necessary information about upcoming training and information about getting your documents inspected.
Once registration is completed, your vehicle has to be inspected and certified by any of our registered inspection centres.
Up next is completing the compulsory training . You can go through the training from the comfort of your own home — you will need to take the training remotely and pass 2 tests. Don’t worry, you’ll get all the answers from the video training.
Following your training, it usually takes between 3-4 hours to get your account ready — so you can hit the streets in no time!