Being able to go between beautiful places is one of the best things about driving.
The sad reality is that these locations can occasionally be hundreds or even thousands of kilometres away.
This may take spending many hours driving.
If you’ve ever driven for a long period of time, you’ve probably experienced a little bit of drowsiness at some point or another. Driving while fatigued is extremely risky, not only for you but also for other drivers.
Here are 11 tips to keep you awake and focused when you are driving. 1. Pre-drive sleep is advised. Start your drive by napping for 20 minutes if you’re starting it later in the day. You’ll feel more rested as you start out on the road.
2. Caffeine. No need for an explanation!
3. Music. Get your blood pumping with some great tunes!
4. Listen to a book on audio. Download an audiobook on your phone before your trip and listen to it while you’re driving.
5. Chat with your fellow travelers. An interesting chat helps keep your mind sharp and awake.
6. While you’re driving, make sure the sun is properly shaded. This requires wearing sunglasses or lowering your visor. Long-term squinting can wear down the eyes, which results in general tiredness.
7. Eat some healthy snacks. It’s important to maintain a healthy blood sugar level when driving, which is something that having some nutritious snacks may do. A smart option is to eat crunchy fruits or vegetables, such as apples, carrots, or celery.
8. Drink water. There will need to be some form of compromise because excessive water consumption results in frequent bathroom visits while dehydration might cause weariness. To stay hydrated, make sure you drink enough water.
9. Stop to exercise. Pull over and perform some jumping jacks or take a quick, brisk stroll if you’re feeling very exhausted. Your heart will pump more quickly as a result, assisting in waking you up.
10. Take a break mid-drive to nap. If the trip will take four hours or longer, stop halfway and take a 20-minute nap. To make these naps the highlight of your trip, be sure to browse our collection of the plushest RV beds.
11. Reduce the temperature inside the RV. Avoid getting comfortable in the driver’s seat. Being overheated can put you to sleep.